Terms & Conditions
for our marquee and garden igloo hire
Marquee / Igloo Hire Terms & Conditions
The company (Marquees by Nixon Ltd) will submit a written quotation referencing the terms and conditions below which the hirer shall accept in writing forming a contract. In the absence of any written quotation or written acceptance, the verbal acceptance of goods received for hire or purchase will constitute a contract and acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
Conditions of Hire
The company’s quotation for hire charges is made on the assumption that the site on which the equipment is to be erected or to which goods are to be delivered is;
- Flat level firm ground with easy access for heavy motor transport and that the area for the marquee/igloo to be sited is at least the dimensions of the marquee/igloo and where possible an additional 0.5m all around to allow for guy ropes where necessary and access.
- Has no drain pipes, cables or other services buried beneath the surface or otherwise concealed.
Should the site not comply with these requirements, the company may in its discretion either terminate the contract by giving verbal or written notice to the hirer or make additional hire charges. Any cancellation made by Marquees by Nixon Ltd due to the above conditions not being met, will result in any refund being less all expenses equating to at least 25% of the total cost of the hire. The company shall not be liable to the hirer for any loss, damage or expense resulting from such termination of the contract.
Should you have any concerns regarding the site for the marquee/igloo or access then please do contact us to arrange a site visit.
- All equipment on hire is to be erected and dismantled by Marquees by Nixon Ltd and their employees only.
- Heating or cooking equipment to be placed a minimum of one foot from the marquee/igloo or side panels and not left unattended whilst in use.
- No heating or cooking within the marquee/igloo other than by electrical appliances or purpose designated butane or propane gas appliances.
- Generators are to be situated away from the marquee/igloo with the exhaust facing away.
- Barbecue equipment or open fires outside to be placed a minimum of fifteen feet from the marquee/igloo and not left unattended whilst in use. Please be aware of loose embers flying around.
- Please do not hang any large weight from any of the poles (including people!) without prior permission from ourselves – they are only designed to hold the marquee up not support any weight.
- You are welcome to decorate the marquee/igloo using cable ties, string or sellotape etc but please do not stick anything to the canopy itself or the sides.
- Marquees only – All materials used within the marquee confirm to fire regulations, and as such Marquees by Nixon Ltd are happy to allow small candles in holders on tables within the marquee. Larger candles or free standing naked flames should not be placed within the marquee. Under no circumstances should the marquee be left unattended with candles alight or heating or electrical appliances left on.
- PLEASE NOTE NAKED FLAMES OR SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED INSIDE THE IGLOOS.
- Under no circumstances are Hay bails/Straw bails permitted inside the marquee/igloo when there is coconut matting in place.
- All goods hired are charged whether used or not.
- Maximum length of hire is 7 days, unless agreed by Marquees by Nixon Ltd.
Whether the site complies with the foregoing requirements listed in 2 above or not, the company shall not be under any liability whatsoever to make good any damage to the site nor shall the company be under any liability whatsoever in respect of damage to drains, pipes or cables or other services buried under the site or otherwise concealed or any consequential loss resulting from such damage unless an accurate plan showing the precise position of such drains, pipes or cables or other services shall have been supplied to the company.
Positioning of services for hire
The hirer shall provide the company with a plan showing the position in which the marquee/igloo or equipment shall be erected or alternatively shall have a representative on the site for that purpose. If the hirer does not provide a plan or have a representative on site, the company may erect the marquee/igloo and equipment where it considers fit and it shall be deemed to have performed the contract. Deliveries left at unattended premises are left at the hirer’s risk.
Delivery / Collection
Marquees by Nixon Ltd will endeavour to deliver and collect the marquee/igloo on the dates agreed with the client. However, Marquees by Nixon Ltd reserve the right to change this at anytime due to circumstances beyond our control, i.e. a change in weather. The hire period is that stated on the Quotation/Invoice and any additional time cannot be guaranteed.
The company reserves the right to charge a non-refundable 25% deposit with the cleared balance due prior to our arrival to erect the marquee/igloo, payable by cash, cheque, bankers draft or bank transfer. On occasions where equipment is hired in from outside, we may ask for the balance 14 days prior to the event taking place.
Vat is payable at the current rate of 20%.
Loss or damage
The hirer is wholly responsible for all equipment on hire from the time of delivery until collection and will be responsible for the safe custody of the company’s property on the site. No guarantee can be given that equipment will be removed the following day. We cannot accept any items in place of those supplied. Goods at all times remain the property of the company.
Liability to third parties
The company will not be responsible for and the hirer will indemnify the company against all claims for injury to persons or loss of or damage to property howsoever caused unless it is proved that such injury or damage be caused by fault material or workmanship or negligence on part of the company.
The hire charges do not include attendance by the company’s staff except during the actual processes of erection and dismantling.
The hirer is responsible for giving notice to or obtaining all necessary permits from any authorities who are or may be concerned and must make application where to the planning authority, district surveyor, police, fire brigade and any similar authority or organisation. Any cost as incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence of or misrepresentation of all such necessary permissions and permits shall be payable to the company by the hirer.
While every effort will be made by the company to carry out any order accepted, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the company consequent upon act of god, war, strikes, riots, lock-outs or other labour disturbances, fire, flood, restrictions on the use of transport, fuel or power, requisitioning, shortage of material or transport or labour or any other cause beyond the control of the company.
After the Covid-19 Pandemic of 2020, almost all events were either postponed or cancelled following the Government advice and restrictions in place at the time. These are extreme circumstances and beyond anyone’s control.
In the unlikely event that we find ourselves in this situation again, your deposit will be retained and honoured against an alternative date. The whole booking will be moved over, with no increase in price. Your deposit will remain safe throughout this time. We will do everything we can to accommodate your new date but will be subject to availability and we therefore may ask you to consider more than one option. Should you prefer to cancel, your deposit will be refunded minus any costs already incurred with the booking.
Changes to your booking
If for any reason you need to change your order (either by increasing or decreasing any items), please contact us ASAP to arrange. Marquees by Nixon Ltd cannot guarantee to meet your request due to the availability of certain items but we will always do our best to fulfil your requirements.
Cancellation or premature termination of contract
In the event of the hirer cancelling the contract after a firm order has been placed, charges will be levied as follows:
- More than 14 calendar days notice – 25% total hire charge
- 7-14 calendar days notice – 50% total hire charge
- Less than 7 calendar days notice – 100% total hire charge
Return of equipment
All equipment on hire should be returned in a clean dry condition. Tablecloths, napkins and giant outdoor games will be delivered in carrying boxes and must be made ready for collection by returning all items to the carrying boxes. Any items missing from the original hire due to pure negligence will be considered lost and replacement charges will be payable.
The hirer is responsible for ensuring that the venue has sufficient power supply, plug points, connectors etc for the lighting hired as well as any other requirements they may have.
This provides you indemnity against the cost of any repairs should our equipment be accidentally damaged or lost during the hire period. Indemnity does not extend to damage caused by deliberate abuse or neglect. Damage waiver is included automatically for a 6% premium on the overall cost of hire and is non-refundable.
Care is to be taken at all times leading up to and during adverse weather. In the event of thunder and lightening, the safest place is indoors, away from the marquee/igloo. These are temporary structures and if access to a building is not possible, then individuals are encouraged to seek shelter in their vehicles. Should you have any concerns at all, then please contact Marquees by Nixon Ltd immediately.
Complaints as to shortage or damage on receipt of goods should be made before use. Complaints of this nature received on return of goods will not be accepted.
Now taking bookings for 2024/2025